- Conference Venue
All keynotes, spotlights and concurrent sessions are held in the Science Centre Singapore
(SCS) located at 15 Science Centre Road. Please refer to the map on the inside cover for
the location of the venues. Participants are reminded to arrive 5 minutes before the start of
each session. All seating will be on a first-come-first-serve basis. Participants may proceed
to other presentation rooms if one is full.
Registration for the conference will open from 8.00am on 21 November 2017 (Tuesday)
and will resume after the Opening Ceremony from 10.30am
Should you require any assistance, you may enquire at the Information Counter located at the main entrance.
You may also contact the Secretariat via email: email@example.com or call the help-desk at tel: (65) 8200 8500.
- The Registration Desk is located at the main entrance of the Science Centre.
- All participants must register at the Registration Desk to collect their conference badge (if they have not received by mail), conference bag, and programme booklet.
- Conference badges are to be worn throughout the conference and at meal times.
- Breakfasts, Tea Breaks & Lunch
Location: Marquee, Level 1 All meals provided are Halal. Vegetarian food is available at designated food counters.
- Conference Etiquette
As a courtesy to the presenters and participants, please put beeping devices (mobile phones, etc.) on silent mode during the sessions.
- Note to Chairpersons of Concurrent Sessions
The last primary presenter listed in each group in the concurrent session will be the chairperson for that session. Chairpersons play two important roles. Firstly, they ensure that everyone keeps to the allotted time strictly. Secondly, they facilitate active interaction and discussion among presenters and participants of the concurrent sessions.
To play these two important roles, chairpersons are advised to do the following:
1. Meet the presenters 10 minutes before the start of the concurrent session, and remind
them to load their presentations onto the computer in the venue.
2. Remind presenters of the timing. Each paper is allotted 20 minutes of presentation
time followed by a 10-minute discussion guided by the chairperson.
3. Keep timing to ensure that every paper has equal opportunity to be presented. You will
be provided with three coloured cards with the words “5 minutes” (white), “2 minutes”
(yellow) and “End” (pink) on them to provide presenters with a clear indication of the
time left for presentation. Please also adhere to the time allotted for discussion and
question-and-answer for each paper.
4. Actively facilitate the discussion segments following each presentation by inviting
questions and comments from participants. Please end the concurrent session with a
few concluding remarks.
- Curiosity Shop
In the Programme Booklet, there will be a SGD$8.00 coupon for participants to make purchases at the Science Centre Singapore Curiosity Shop. The coupon is valid till 31 January 2018.
- Omnimax Movie
Participants can purchase up to 2 Omnimax tickets at 25% discount, using the coupon provided (discount coupons can be found in the Programme Booklet). The coupon is valid for any Omnimax movie. Tickets can be purchased at the Omni-Theatre. The transaction can be made in cash or credit card. The discount coupon is valid till 31 January 2018.
- Exhibits and Displays
As we will be in Science Centre Singapore, there are numerous interesting exhibits and displays for viewing and learning. Feel free to learn more and explore the teaching and learning ideas which are meaningfully themed.
- Wireless Internet Access
Wireless internet access is available in the Science Centre Singapore through Wireless@SG, a public wireless network.